Link to Content:
Building a Data Science Team
Johns Hopkins University
Roger D. Peng
Content Found Via:
Free? Partially: Some Free Content, Some Paid
$0.00 - $36.00
Tags: data science / organization / supervised learning / team building
This course is #2 of 5 in the Executive Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University.
“Data science is a team sport. As a data science executive it is your job to recruit, organize, and manage the team to success. In this one-week course, we will cover how you can find the right people to fill out your data science team, how to organize them to give them the best chance to feel empowered and successful, and how to manage your team as it grows.
This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the process of building and managing a data science team. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We’ve left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward.
After completing this course you will know.
- The different roles in the data science team including data scientist and data engineer
- How the data science team relates to other teams in an organization
- What are the expected qualifications of different data science team members
- Relevant questions for interviewing data scientists
- How to manage the onboarding process for the team
- How to guide data science teams to success
- How to encourage and empower data science teams
Commitment: 1 week of study, 4-6 hours”
Recommended Prerequisites: Requires "a basic understanding of how data can be used in an industry, academic, or government environment."
Go to Content: Building a Data Science Team